The Catholic Faith is a network
of interrelated signs, symbols, and truths.
When you discover the connections, a whole new world of faith is revealed. The Faith Connections curriculum will help you understand the big picture of Catholicism, grasp its inner logic and beauty, and fall in love with the Catholic Faith.
This course provides a survey of Part 2 of the catechism, “The Celebration of the Christian Mystery.”
Students are introduced to the Sacramental Liturgy, the celebration of the mystery of Christ’s life, death and resurrection through sacred signs and symbols.
We discuss the nature of the Sacraments and explore their meaning through their Old Testament typological connections.
- How Baptism is prefigured by creation, the flood, and Moses at the Red Sea.
- The biblical roots of Confirmation and its connection to Baptism.
- The connections between the Holy Eucharist and the Jewish Passover.
- How the Eucharist is central to Christian life.
- How the meaning of the Sacrament of Marriage is contained in the very creation of man and woman.
Our Lady of Perpetual Help (Redemptorist), Kansas City
Wednesdays, January 18, 25, February 1, 8, 15 (6:30-8:30 pm)
St. James Parish, St. Joseph
Wednesdays, January 18, 25, February 8, 15, 22 (6:30-8:30 pm)
Christ the King Parish, Kansas City
Wednesdays, January 18, 25, February 1. 8, 15 (6:30-8:30 pm)
Register online, pay in class
Online payments are not available at this time.
Please register online and pay by check, credit card, or cash at the start of class.
Clicking the register button below will take you to an online registration page. Click send and your registration information will be sent to our registrar.
Thanks! We look forward to seeing you in class.Register